Friday, January 11, 2013

Unit 7 Test Memory

Hope everyone has a great weekend and will take some time to study and prepare for the unit test on Monday!!! Remember to put into use all the concepts about memory we have been learning in this unit. Especially the spacing effect for encoding of information. It will make studying a lot easier if you space out your studying of the information. You don't have to put in any more time just break it up over the weekend. Also keep in mind the use of elaborative memory tricks such as mnemonics and and acronyms. Good luck : ).

Here are the notes for this unit if you missed any thing.

Intro to Memory
Encoding
Storage
Retrieval

P.S. Once you think you know it all, study it again.

6 comments:

  1. I have tried many of these studying methods and they have no real affect anyone know why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried some of the methods of learning discussed in the book and I actually did worse on this test than any other this quarter. Did this happen to anyone else or just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used many of the 'tricks' we learned during our unit on memory to help me study for the test. I ended up getting an A! Mnemonic devices helped me a lot and I also remembered where many of the vocabulary was on the page in the textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. candiceswanepoel6
    I used all of these techniques over the weekend and they really worked for me. Usually I get B's on the tests, but this time by spacing out my studying I was able to get an A. I used the peg word technique and the method of loci to help me remember some of the people involved with different types of memory. I will definitely use these techniques in the future and hopefully they will help me to do well on the upcoming tests and the AP exam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For this test I used the technique where you study a little each day, whether it was flash cards for five minutes or the actual notes, I just reviewed a small amount. On the night before the test I read over everything and realized I only had to skim over it because my brain had already encoded all of it. The style of studying a little at a time worked best for me and I got an A on the test so I will be sure to be using this same method on the tests to come! I will try to use the method of loci on the next test too since I can still recall the grocery list from class.

    ReplyDelete